Friday 27 October 2023

Peace and Joy - Woodblock Wednesday

 It's time for Amy Tsuruta's Woodblock Wednesday challenge   I still have a big container full of woodblock stamps so it's great to have an excuse to remember to use them.  

Today I'm sharing a CAS Christmas card using two stamps from Hero Arts. 

I started by stamping the background stamp (Wavy Leaf Pattern) with some Lost Shadow Distress Oxide for a very subtle background.  A little Evergreen Bough Oxide ink was blended around the edge. I then stamped the sentiment (Peace & Joy) with Onyx Black Versafine ink and clear embossed it for a lovely shine.  I added some red enamel dots from Altenew and matted onto some red card and then onto a green base.     Love this big sentiment.   Note to self:  Use this one more this year!

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Dawn - great colours and I love the subtle background you created for the the big and bold sentiment
Blessings
Maxine

~amy~ said...

This is a beauty Dawn! Love how you teamed up the background with the beautiful sentiment stamp.
Thanks for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

Lin said...

Lovely, Dawn - it's so fun to see these wonderful stamps revisited!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the jumbo sentiment with the leafy background, Dawn - gorgeous ink blending!!