Friday 24 November 2023

Black, White & Yellow at The Flower Challenge.

 I decided that I need to entry in The Flower Challenge as I haven't done so for a while.   Nice to make a non-Christmas card.   


The challenge at The Flower Challenge this month is Black, White and Yellow.   Yesterday I was reading my Splitcoastampers newsletter and saw the Technique Monday challenge -Colour block 5 minute card.  The technique is to use your mini ink pads to add colour to your background and then add a black inked image.   So I did this 5 minute card.... took more time to chose the stamp to use!

My background was made using Altenew yellow ink pads from A Pocketful of Sunshine set.  I only used the first three colours and randomly stamped the pads directly to the card.  I used a Gina K Master Layout die to cut out the panel before stamping the Altenew floral from Build a Garden: Morning Aster stamp set.  I stamped the sentiments from the Altenew Elegant Sayings set.  I added some black pen to fill in the flower centres and layered the panel onto some black card before adding to the white card front.    Finished with some black gems.  

We made good time on our trip north - just over 1hr 15 mins.   I have to say I slept most of the way!  I don't travel well - get a bit queasy on some of the windy roads and going to sleep helps.

4 comments:

Arlene said...

WOW, Fantastic card. Great idea and superb execution. I love it.

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn this is an amazing - a stunning background to display that fabulous flower against!
Blessings
Maxine

Stef Perry said...

What a great idea for a background Dawn, and the flower bunch is just so cheerful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love making patterns with mini ink cubes and your yellow one looks amazing, Dawn! Love the silhouette you chose to ink in black too!!