Wednesday 31 January 2024

New dies in the house

 Hi there!  Can you believe it's the last day of January!   So that's time for me to share my card at Die Cut Divas for the last day of January.

We do not have a sponsor this month, but wonderful Whimsy Stamps has donated a $15 gift voucher and we want you to enjoy using it.


Our challenge this month is to use "NEW" or NBUS (Never before used stuff) - a new parcel arrived just yesterday from Scrapbook.com and one of my items was Altenew's Craft-a-flower Calla Lily layering die and some Hero Arts Antique Ivory card stock.  So was up late last night making my card for today and then this afternoon I took the photo.   It's a stinking hot day and a tad warm in my craft room!


Isn't this just a gorgeous layering die.  And quite easy to put together using Altenew's keyhole system.   I cut all the flower parts from the Ivory card and then used Altenew Pocketful of Sunshine mini set of inks to add colour.  The leaves and stems were cut from paint chips.  I decided on a mini slimline card so used Pinkfresh Studio Essential mini slimline dies to cut my panel.  Add a touch of the yellow ink around the edge.  And part of a sentiment from Altenew's Sentiment Strip 3 white embossed on black card and cut with Altenew Featured sentiment dies.  Love the rounded corners.  

So a big thanks to Whimsy for donating a prize for us this month.  You have till 9.00pm Pacific time to join us  Here

And as this is the first time using the die set, I'm entering Darnell's

thanks for stopping by today 

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow, Dawn - those lilies look amazing! Love the inking you did on them!!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous new dies and card Dawn, love it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Darnell said...

I love calla lilies and after seeing your beautiful design, Dawn, I think I might need to own this die set! You have shaded them brilliantly and I love how you added the yellow tinge around the stitched panel to keep the attention centered on the flowers! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a beautiful card Dawn - worth staying up to make - it's been pretty warm down our way also..
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Just love this beautiful card! Your blending on the blooms & a bit of yellow on the edges is wonderful!