Thursday 1 February 2024

Amy's Woodblock Wednesday

 It's time for Amy's Woodblock Wednesday Challenge   I love getting out my old woodblock stamps - and yes today's are OLD....

I found a very ancient Stampin' Up set called Fifth Avenue Florals for my sentiment and a 2009 Penny Black stamp called Day Dreams.

I used a Waffle Flower Deckle die to cut out a stencil.  I then taped it to some Hero Arts Vintage Ivory card and used my blender brushes which had Altenew inks on them.   Just used the inks that were left on them to make the soft pastel background.  I stamped the Penny Black stamp over to the left of the card.  I used my Zig Clean Color Brush markers to add a touch of colour.  Stamped the sentiment in the lower riight hand side of the card.  Some little silver gems finished it off.  I matted onto some purple card and added to a white base.

Really pleased with the results.... and believe it or not... this was the first time I've used the sentiment from the Stampin' Up set!  


4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Dawn, this combo is absolutely gorgeous. That sentiment is so wonderful and so is your ink blending.
Thanks so much for joining in the Woodblock Wednesday fun!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Dawn, what a lovely stamp and I love the softness and colours in the background, gorgeous card..

luv CHRISSYxx

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! I'm such a fan of purple and green, Jo x

Greta said...

The leftover ink worked beautifully for the background! I have that PB stamp and you've inspired me to use it!