Saturday 3 February 2024

Inspired by Jennifer McGuire... Use up your patterned paper

 This afternoon I watched Jennifer McGuire's latest video. (see it here) It was all about using up your patterned papers.  Boy is that girl talented!   Over the last few weeks I've been trying to use up some of my ginormous pile of paper!  I had a pack from Uniti (a brand that is local to my Warehouse store) on my desk so decided to try some of Jennifer's ideas.  

Here is what I came up with.  


I die cut the Birch Press - Prime Peony Duo die set from one of the papers from the Sunshine Floral pack.  I added a little bit of ink around the edges and over the pink paper I used green inks.  I then chose a pink marbled background from another paper pack.  To ground my flowers I die cut an oval from Gina K Master Layout 1.  I then used Altenew Classic Greetings stamp and die set to make the sentiment.   I used Altenew Rose Gold embossing powder.  I added some layers behind it for dimension.   A few gold metallic pearls from Pinkfresh Studios finished off the card.  

Been a busy day as I had to go out to buy a new vacuum cleaner and a new mat for in the kitchen.  The old vacuum packed a sad yesterday.  Spent a bit more than I wanted to but it's a great little machine with great suction and very quiet!    

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Love the papers and gorgeous flower Dawn, beautiful card..

luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous flowers atop the scalloped circle, Dawn - love them with the marbled paper!!

Greta said...

I didn't watch that video, but I like the look of your blooms die cut from that paper! Lovely card!