Friday 8 March 2024

Friday fun - Two cards - two challenges.

 HI there.   I managed to make two cards today, in my breaks from work and after work.  Perks of working from home -early starting and finishing!   

My first card came about as on my Facebook post of one of my lily cards, I mentioned that I was going to do pink lilies and one of my commentor asked if I had done it.   So I decided to make a card for The Flower Challenge with pink lilies.   Their challenge is to use a square card. 

I cut the square die from Gina K Master Layout 3 and embossed it.  Used Altenew Pink Pearl and Coral Berry for the flowers and Frayed Leaf and Forest Glades for the leaves.  I used a Prismacolor pencil to add the colour for the stamen and to add extra texture lines on the flowers and leaves.   Finished with a little Easter Wishes sentiment from a Verve stamp set.  

My second card is for the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.- Get your Grinch on. Use Green 
I have been hoarding some Penny Black Masterpieces Made Simple printed card panels.  I got two sets of the Aglow ones - there are 4 panels in each pack.  They are so beautiful.   


I glued the panel to some dark green card from Scrapbook.com - Sprinkles pad and then die cut the Waffle Flower Postage die.  I then layered some green card under before adding to my white card base.   The sentiment is from Waffle Flower's Star Snowflake set.   Just love the simple CAS look. 


I'm going to be crafting my heart out tomorrow. Hubby is doing his refresher First Aid course all day.  My plan is to just play and have fun.  And do my Design team cards for when I'm on holiday in April. Just to make sure I'm ahead.  

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Two gorgeous cards, Dawn. I really need to get to grips with colouring and embossing - looks gorgeous. I love the CKC card too and it looks amazing in combination with the postage die. Thanks for joining Meghan and me, Jo x

Chrissy said...

Two beautiful cards Dawn, I loved the panel with the hole detail texture and the beautiful embossed lily and soft colors..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous lilies, Dawn, and I love how you gave the postage collage a frame!!

Cindy Beach said...

Two gorgeous cards, Dawn! I love how you die cut the PB Masterpiece with the postage frame, what a great idea! Your lilies are a beautiful blend of lovely texture and sweet coloring. Thanks for playing along at The Flower Challenge.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love your postage stamp Christmas Card! GORGEOUS! Thanks for playing along with my Guest Elf Theme GRINCH at Christmas Kickstart! www.madebymeghank.com

creationsnz said...

The lilies are just gorgeous Dawn with your fab colouring, and the postage one is very arty looking, so pretty and needs nothing else. CarolG

Bobby said...

You did a beautiful job coloring the embossed lilies, Dawn. This is such a wonderful Easter card. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Flower Challenge.