Sunday 10 March 2024

Fractured card technique - Hello sweet friend

 Well the best laid plans of mice and men!..  My yesterday did not go as I planned... happily though!

I did watch a couple of the sessions from Card Makers Success Summit.... one in particular from Tiffany Solorio using Distress Sprays.   I only have two distress sprays - brushed pewter and tarnished brass .  Tiffany used all sorts of pretty colours and did heaps of layers.  I pull out my Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays - but they are all very muted colours - added a splotch of an Adirondack Color Wash in Purple Twilight - but my panel of mixed media paper was very pale and blah looking.   Watch out for another post with what I did with it!     Any who I had great plans to try out some more cards from some of the sessions..... 

But... my son texted to say he and the girls were on their way over to visit.... so my Saturday afternoon was spend playing in the craft room with Grace and on the floor with Florence...

I did get a message from Suna - to whom I sent a card in my NZ swap group.   It was my turn to chose a challenge - and Fractured Cards was what I chose.   Here is the card I made and sent to her.  

I started with some papers from DCWV= Ba;; & Bloom paper.  I picked it up recently on sale.  Just love the touches of foil on it.   I used some white card for my centre square.  I then used cream card and gold peelcraft lines for the fracture lines.   I used some of the flowers from Spellbinders Geo Floral Frame die set - cut with some pink card from Scrapbook.com Sprinkles paper pack,   I die cut the leaves from some 160gm Fabricano paper and used a varied of Altenew green inks to blend over them. Fussy cut the butterfly from some of the same paper pack.  The sentiment is from Altenew Engraved Flowers stamp set.  And a few metallic gems finished the card.   Suna has let me know she got it and loved it.  

And here's why not much got done yesterday 


Grace - playing with some Hero Arts Rub-ons



Florence exploring Nanny and Pop's house.


3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Dawn the flowers and butterfly and papers, gorgeous and the children are adorable..

luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

The girls are just so cute! Totally worth changing your plans to have them visit, I know! The exchange card is a beauty!

creationsnz said...

The papers you chose are gorgeous Dawn, and so are your grandies. CarolG