Monday 11 March 2024

Success from a failure.

On Saturday, I watched a great session from the Card Makers Success Summit by Tiffany Solorio -  Tiffany uses Distress Sprays in all sorts colourful sprays and layers.  I only have two Distress Sprays in Brushed Pewter and Tarnished Brass.  I tried my Lindy's Gang Mica sprays but they are all very muted colours.  I added a splotch of Adirondack Color Wash in Purple Twilight.  But my panel of mixed media paper was very pale and blah looking with a few blob of purple.  So what to do?

Die cut with Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms!

Here's the card I made with all the bits I die cut and glued together


I used some of the dark purple blobs to cut the bigger flowers and the other more softer colours for the leaves and buds. I used some pinky lilac card from Scrapbook.com  Purple card pack for my background panel.  I die cut it with one of the Altenew Mix and Match Frames and embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder.  I slightly sanded it for an even more textured look.  I then added my bouquet down one side, and added a circle die and layer die cut from Gina K Master Layout #3 and used a Gina K sentiment.   So a success from a failure!


3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Ooo - gorgeous blossoms and I love how you arranged them atop that embossed background, Dawn - great save!!

Greta said...

Hurrah for getting a beautiful card from the sheet you weren't keen on!

creationsnz said...

Hi Dawn, there's always something beautiful waiting to happen! A super result with lots of lovely flowers, a trellis for them, and a beautiful card. CarolG