Thursday 25 April 2024

Woodblock Wednesday - April 2024

 Amy's April edition of Woodblock Wednesday has started.    Once a month, she has a challenge to use Woodblock Stamps.  I try and play along each month - to give my Woodblock stamps some love. 

Earlier today I watched Jennifer McGuire and Aaron Leventhal from Hero Arts doing a live FB about the history of stamping - and it inspired me to get out some of my Hero Arts stamps.  I must say the majority of my Woodblock stamps are from Hero Arts.  

The focal image for this one was inspired by Shari Carroll.  I remembered seeing her fussy cut the floral image I used so decided I liked the idea. 


The card started with the background stamping of Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain stamp.  I used Altenew Silver Sage Fresh Dye ink.  I then stamped one of the stamps from the Peeking Posies set with Versafine Onyx Black ink and used Zig Markers to colour it.  I then did the fussy cutting using both my craft knife and tiny scissors.  I cut the dark grey piece and scored it every 1/4" for some texture.  Not the best pic, but my usual editing tool is not working today. 

 


Today is ANZAC Day here in NZ.  It's a public holiday when we take time to think about all those service men and women who fought in wars.  It's a bit of a cooler day, as Autumn is truly here now, so a good day to spend some time in the craft room.   Got this one done, plus a birthday card for Finn (it's not till June 23rd but I wanted to get ahead!)  

3 comments:

Lin said...

You combined 2 classics for this pretty design, Dawn! Love your results!

Greta said...

Lovely card!

~amy~ said...

This is so pretty Dawn. I love that woodgrain stamp and have it in my stash too. Lovely idea to fussy cut that floral focal point, absolutely wonderful! Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday.