Saturday 20 July 2024

Fun Day at The Auckland Papercraft Show...

 Yesterday I took the day off and together with my friend, Suna, we head off to The Auckland Papercraft Show.  The big craft fair this year was cancelled, so a few of the contributors got together to put on a smaller show.  It was over the Harbour Bridge so off we went.  Luckily for us, the weather held and it was a good drive over (plus the traffic was quite light!)  We spent up well ... have to support the local stores!  And we had super fun taking part in a class.  It was from Scrapbook Central and our tutor was the lovely Chick Mitchell.  We did 3 cards in 2 hours- lots of ink blending and embossing - and lots of painting with watercolour shimmer powders.  Our kits used products from Memory Box.  I didn't quite finish my cards during class so did that last night.  




Are they just gorgeous!   And luckily for me, I already own the bird die.  And the sentiment foil and die set.   I loved the colours we used  - did have to buy one Distress Oxide colour - Tattered Rose. 

Of course, I did a good amount of shopping.  - Got some practical storage - extra large stamp pockets and another Tim Holtz tin for my Distress Oxides.  And some glue and Stick-It double sided adhesive.  Got a cool snowflake embossing folder from Altenew, a Birthday stamp and die from Gina K, a cute Birthday Wishes die from Creative Expressions and some different rub-ons.   All in all, a great haul.  


3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

I didn't know the 'big' show had been cancelled - glad to hear you had an awesome day - that sounds like quite a haul. Are you considering going to FYI in October?
Your cards are gorgeous - lots of wonderful texture and colour
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Looks like you had a fun day, Dawn! I missed the big expo around here (it was on my reunion weekend). Gorgeous cards - love the birdie ones especially (I have that die too - thanks for the inspiration!)!!

Greta said...

So jealous--sounds like a wonderful day! Your cards are beautiful and good choice to get the tattered rose--one of my favorites! I know you'll have fun using all your new goodies!