Saturday 17 August 2024

Three Vintage Christmas cards - CMSS inspired.

 NB - lots of photos 

Over the last few days, I've been working on some more Christmas cards inspired by the Card Makers Sucess Summit.    Today's cards were inspired by Sande Woodson and Erin Reed.  Sande's presentation was about making an e-card or you could print it.   She provided a lovely freebie with some awesome Vintage Christmas images, which inspired me to make some hybrid Christmas cards using the digital images. 

First up -


Started by choosing my image and importing it into Word on my computer - at A2(US) size. Sande used CANVA but I find I can work adequately in Word.  Once I had printed the image, I used a Gina K Master Layout to trim it.  I added some Vintage Photo Distress Oxide all around the edges of my card base and lightly blended around the focal panel.   I created a sentiment sheet using the Merry Christmas using EFCO Brookshire font.  I used a die cut banner to cut it out and added ink blending around it. 

First time I printed it, the panel went skewwhiff so I couldn't use it... but waste not, want not - I die cut out a circle and that became the focal point on my second card


I used the circle from Gina K Master Layout #12 to cut it and then took some navy card and cut out the frame.  Used the circle that it cut out to add a bit of dimension behind the circle panel.  Found a lovely background paper in my stash and added it to the base.  Used another of the printed sentiments matted with some of the navy card to finish this one. 

My third card also used one of Sande's free images, but the card design is inspired by Erin Reed.  Her presentation was a fun fold - which I believe is called Flying Seagull fold.  I did mess up the measurements, but you can't really tell too much!

Card standing open showing the "wings"

Card lying flat for posting.

I printed the image and then die cut with a square die from a Gina K Master Layouts set.  I decorated it with a Spellbinders Poinsettia die which I spritzed with water and scrunched up.  Once they layers had dried, I carefully unfurled them and added gold Glitter Glue to them before layering them up.  Found some pearl swirls and added them to the card with the poinsettia.   Added the same sentiment again.  It's the perfect font for vintage cards. 

Thank you if you made it this far... I appreciate it.  

3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous vintage images and I love how you finished them all off, Dawn! Especially love the one with the blue scrolly frame!!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Dawn, love the images and love the Seagull fold, I need to learn that one..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Classic and beautiful cards! I loved a lot of the summit videos and need to get with it and make some cards using the ideas!