Saturday 21 September 2024

Craft Roulette #233

 I managed to watch the last little bit of the Craft Roulette live today.  Kristina Werner was the guest.   I wanted to make a birthday card for my friend who will be 70 next Saturday.  Last evening I watch a YouTube by Marion Emberson who did a spotlight technique she had seen done by Julie Hickey - so today I watched Julie video.   When I saw parameters for today, I knew I had to try out the technique. 

This is my 23rd submission... 

I used Penny Black's Background Basic Stencil to mask off the centre panel.  I used Distress Oxide inks - Tattered Rose, Wilted Violet and Fossilised Amber to add my Hummingbird colours.  I then used a Paper Roses stencil which had flowers and leaves and added the colours with a bit of a heavier hand.  I then stamped the Altenew Fairy Tale Florals image with Altenew Obsidian Black ink.  More leaves on the floral image to meet the Random parameter.   The Congratulations card parameter- congrats on your birthday sentiment.  It's a mis-mash of two sentiments from Altenew Sentiment Strips 3.   And of course, the Best Friend parameter has been met as this is for my Bestie's birthday next week -hence the 70 on the card.   Finished with some Silver Dot Sparkles.

Happy to have got time to do this this afternoon - as I also made a Banana Choc-chip and Walnut loaf and then dropped hubby at the Bays Club.  He's watching the All Blacks versus Australia rugby test with some mates.   I'm watching it at home and will go pick him up and go out for dinner when it finishes.   It's a day time game in Sydney, Australia so is an early evening game here as Sydney is 2 hours behind us.   It's half time now - we are leading 28 - 14.  

Time to settle back and watch the second half.

 

No comments: