Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Sunday Crafting: Briar Blossoms and a Festive Poinsettia Tag

I enjoyed a little crafting on Sunday as the World Cardmaking Day celebrations stretched over the weekend for me.

When I stamped the One Go – Briar Blossom the other day, I did two panels, so I had another set ready for a new card. Before choosing my colours, I searched for photos of briar roses and found several in pink and yellow. That became the colour scheme for this design. I also stamped and embossed another panel so I could add a few extra leaves.

For the flowers, I used Altenew Rose Quartz and Maple Yellow, pairing them with Shadow Creek and Mountain Pine for the leaves. I created the background by embossing a panel with the Altenew Organic Linen 3D folder, then used the stamp packaging as inspiration for the floral arrangement. A small sentiment from Altenew Sentiment Strips 3 completed the card.

While tidying up, I found the narrow offcut left over from the square card I made last week. It was just the right size to turn into a tag card. I created a smaller version of my white poinsettia card, this time cutting the poinsettia from homemade red glitter card. I chose a different sentiment from the Rosies Studio Heath & Home stamp set and added a few tiny gold glitter dots as the finishing touch.

I really love making Christmas cards, and my festive stash is growing quickly!

Hope you all got some time to craft over the weekend. 

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Two beautiful makes Dawn - love love love the Briar rose colours this time around - that is exquisite. The tag is gorgeous also
Blessings
Maxine

Lin said...

Both of these are charming, Dawn. I especially love your soft coloring on the first.