Sunday 12 July 2009

Stamp club day - Saturday 11th




Had a great day at Stamp club day at Stamp'n'create yesterday. We started at 10am and finished at just after 4pm. There were a total of 7 of us there this month and we were greeted with a bag of goodies - paper, flowers and a strip of pompoms ( Sarah is into pompoms at the moment) We all worked on our own projects but got lots of ideas from each other. Lunch time is a shared lunch with goodies from asparagus rolls and sandwiches to coconut choc slice, oatmeal slice and pineapple lumps. We always eat well. After lunch we had a demo. This month was on using shrink plastic. Very interesting and informative.
I worked on these projects during the day. I made the gift pack of a set of 4 cards.... will do a seperate post about these shortly.... there are 4 cards in the gift pack. See my Flickr photostream to view them all.
The next project was to finish off the card I have working on using the techniques that Jennifer McGuire has been teaching in her Thinking Inking videos at 2Peasinabucket.com I used my new Scattered Leaf border stamp in versamark and embossed in white powder. I then used the resist technique and rubbed on Shabby Shutters and Faded Jeans distress ink. I then used the raindrops background in Spiced Marmalade. I mounted it on a greenish cardstock added the ribbon and then mounted onto the blue card base. I coloured the flower with the Shabby shutters and raindrops stamp, added a punched flower ( also coloured in Shabby Shutters) and an orange gem in the centre. Not sure what sentiment I will put on this, but it will need to be small.
Finally I made a pizza box for the monthly competition at my other stamp shop- Stamp Zone. This months competition is " Outside the box" - basically anything crafty as long as it uses a product purchased at their store. I got the stamp and the embossing powders from them.
I also started another distress card. I sponged a new ink colour I got - Old paper - onto the card, and then used a Tim Holtz mask and then sponged on Shabby Shutters. I again used the raindrops in Spice Marmalade. All I need to do now is decide how I'm going to use the background.
Thanks for looking - see my next post about Pay it Forward.

2 comments:

Pajalu said...

Wow Dawn your card creations are simply amazing. I've missed beening able to check out your blog :( but hopefully I am back into everything again. I remember you saying your daughter is called Emma. My dd sometimes gets called "Ratfink" or "Emma delemma" which is a play on words "delemma" is actually short for dear little emma (if you run the words together fast enough it makes sense). Hugs to you xoxoxoxo

Monika Reeck said...

Dawn, I love your leaves card is so fun..and the blend color on that card is so pretty, the number one is a simple pretty one too, and the box ooh I wish I have that butterfly stamp..from which company is that may I ask?...you are very busy this weeks am I right...love, Monika