Monday 13 February 2012

Monday Feature at MyGrafico ~ Vintage Labels

Great feature today.  We got to use a fab set from Vintage Labels by Lil Ellaboudy Design.

 Our design team had such fun with this set and made some amazing projects... Pop over here to have a look-see.  I made two projects... I just loved the frame I used

My Grafico ~ 13 Feb


I made up a box template and covered it with some card that I had stamped Hero Arts Leaf and Floral background stamp in Spun Sugar distress ink.  I had imported the frame into Word and recoloured and sized.  I added a French perfumery image from The Graphic Fairy site.  I printed and cut the label out and added to the top of the box.  Made some little roses to go on it.

I liked the frame so much, I printed out another couple... for my next project I used a browny-orange frame

Vintage Label.


I love how I made this one.  I started with some Kaisercraft card PP which I distressed with scissors and ink.  I then used a pin and edged the PP.   Added the label and added the rose I made.  I used Tim Holtz's Tattered Floral die and coloured the petals with Hero Arts Soft Apricot ink before putting together and spritzing with silver glimmer mist.   Inked up a paper flower with green ink and cut a couple of the petals to use as the leaves.

I am entering this into Lily Pad's PP challenge (here)

Not sure what's going on with Blogger,... I seem to lose my posts on the front page and the little pencil thingie so I can edit quickly..  So feel free to look at older posts if you are so inclined.

Thanks for popping by to visit... don't forget our challenge is still going on over at MyGrafico

Dawn

7 comments:

Stamp with Angela said...

Two wonderful creations. Love the flowers you have added to each.

These vintage labels look great to use.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn these labels are fabulous. Wonderful vintage style that can be distressed or inked in a variety of ways. Your projects make them shine!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Those are really pretty frames, Dawn! Very delightful! And I love all the gorgeous florals you've used on both projects!

Virginia L. said...

You rock this challenge, Dawn! Love your collage stamping! The added flower is gorgeous in this!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Dawn! I too love that flower you made - such a lovely color. Thanks so much for joining us again at Lily Pad Cards!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful boxes. Lovely vintage and shabby chic effect.

Barbara said...

I too loved your vintage frames. Both the card and your little box are just darling. This was a fun challenge! Barbara