Tuesday 14 February 2012

Rainbows


There's nothing prettier than a rainbow... and over at City Crafter Challenge Blog the challenge was "Colors of the Rainbow".  I decided on a design around about 50 mins before the challenge finished this afternoon... and in 15 mins I had my card made~

Rainbow butterflies


I started with Hero Arts Zig Zag background and inked it up with some Colorbox Rainbow ink (given to me by someone who had it for years) I stamped it onto my base card.  I then stamped the sentiment.  Now it was to be an upright, side opening card, but mucked up the placement of the sentiment, so turned it on it's side for a top opening card... actually gives a nice look with the zig zags going sideways.   I stamped three butterflies in the Rainbow ink and cut out.  Added to the card with some silver gems.   Over all I was really pleased with

I am also entering it onto Jay Gee's Nook monthly challenge as the inspirational photo gave me the design idea a few days ago.  Love all the bright colours.

Had a nice surprise in my letter box today... a beautiful Valentine from Greta

Purple Valentine

Isn't is gorgeous.  Thanks a heap Greta.  Here in NZ, Valentine's is not a big celebrations... mainly just couples ~ giving Roses and chocolates...so with Hubby in another country, I didn't think I'd get a Valentine's card.   Wasn't I lucky.  Hope you have a good Valentine's Day.

Still having Blogger issues, so if you've missed visiting, feel free to view my older posts.

Dawn 

10 comments:

Jay Gee said...

This looks wonderful Dawn and I like the zig zag going sideways for a change :) Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's.

PS. Lucky you to receive a lovely Valentines :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful rainbow card! Love how fun that zigzag stamp can be! Great to see the butterflies in use again!

Clare said...

LOVE it, Dawn!! The colors on this card made me smile - so happy and fun!

Diana said...

Beautiful Dawn. Happy Valentine's Day!

Stamp with Angela said...

A beautiful, colourful card Dawn! I love the way the background zigzags have all the different colours in it. The butteflies look great too.

I have also bought the zigzag stamp and it arrived a few days ago. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I look forward to.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulous rainbows of color. I like that the butterflies are also multi-colored too!

Barbara Colbert said...

What a pretty rainbow card! Excellent background and the butterflies are great! Beautiful creation!

kiwimeskreations said...

Your rainbow card is a delight to the eyes.
Blessings
Maxine

Suzanne C said...

Oooh.. Love the butterfly rainbow. Wonderful! Great's valentine is so elegant.

Unknown said...

Wow! Dawn, this card is fabulous! Thanks so uch for playing along with us his month ... Nge