Sunday 13 January 2013

"The Butterfly Effect" @ Red Carpet Studio



Welcome back to the New Year with the first Card challenge of 2013 over at Red Carpet Studio.

This week's challenge is inspired by the 2000 movie, "The Butterfly Effect" starring Ashton Kutcher.

And our sponsor this week is 

The design team got to work with some digital images from Floppy Latte's.

I got to use this image  
Three Butterflies - Click Image to Close


I used a piece of watercolour paper I had painted for my background.  I printed the digi onto some linen look card and used water colour pencils to colour.  I printed a second copy and coloured and cut out the butterflies.  Used a Nellie Snellen die to cut out the image.   I added the sentiment from Pink Paislee in Archival Brown ink.   I finished with some die cuts in the corner and a few gems. 

Would love to have you join the challenge this week.... just remember it's to be a card ( any size or shape is welcome) and to have a butterfly on it!  

I'll just leave you with a picture of my tomato haul tonight....


40 cherry tomatoes, 2 medium sized ones and one large one.  The cherry tomatoes are growing like triffids.... they really are doing well this year.  

Summer is here at last in Auckland.  The past week has been very warm and the weekend has been fabulous.   Beach time both afternoons.   Even made it into the water on Saturday.
Dawn

No comments: