Tuesday 15 January 2013

Chalkboard Art



Chalkboard Art is a great technique that is becoming popular.  Betsy Veldman did a tutorial (here) which seems to be the one people are using for their inspiration...

I've been working on some ATC's for a swap and thought I'd try out the technique on an ATC sized piece of black card.... once I'd done it, I decided to put it on a card

IMG_6546


I did some search on Pinterest and come across Deconstructed Sketch #84 and liked it so used this to base my card on

Deconstructed Sketch No. 84

I used a Hero Arts/Basicgrey stamp set to stamp the sentiment onto the ATC in Versamark and white embossed, then overstamped with the Frost White ink.  I used part of one of the other stamps in the set to stamp the squiggles top and bottom.  The side lines are drawn with a white pencil.  I then added some of the white ink on the edges and onto the card.  I layered it onto some black card leaving a thin border.  The PP I used was from a My Mind's Eye pack.  I finished with some butterflies punched from some watercolour painted paper with a Martha Stewart punch.

I was very pleased how it turned out and will be trying it again.

Thanks for visiting today.  Hope I gave you some inspiration to try this technique.  It really is fun.


Dawn 

No comments: