Sunday 20 January 2013

From ATC to Card....

 Been a bit slack in the blogging this week.... been busy at work and then out to dinner on Friday night.  Early anniversary dinner.  Our 35th anniversary on Monday 21st... but more about that later.

Anyway, I'm taking part in an ATC swap over on the Hero Arts Flickr group and have been working on my ATC to swap with Lucille.  I won't share until I know she has them but with one of the themes over at Hero Arts blog this month being ATC's, I decided to make an extra one with some scraps sitting on my desk.

It's the little things.....

The piece of My Mind's Eye patterned paper was left over from this card and seem just perfect for the size.  I cut it a bit smaller and layered onto black and then onto the ATC base I had sitting on my desk.  I added some faux stitching and some butterflies from the reverse side of the PP.

So was looking at my ATC and thought it would look good on a card.

 So I got out my embossing folder and did a background.  I sponged distress inks onto the card ~ Pine Needles, Wild Honey and Frayed Burlap.  I then spritzed it with gold Perfect Pearls water.  That gave a really neat splotchy look.

 ATC card

I cut some red card stock ( from a Christmas pack from American Crafts that I got on sale this week) layered onto black.  Once I pop dotted the ATC I added the pearls and gems.    Have to say I am pleased with the final product.    ( And I made a second identical ATC to pop with the ones I'm sending to Lucille~ a bonus ATC so to speak!)

 And now why we celebrated the Anniversary early.........Hubby is away for a few days on business... lucky beggar got to fly to Singapore and because of the flights had to leave Saturday.  He gets to have a day being a tourist then business Mon- Thurs, catching a late flight on Thurs evening getting back here mid afternoon on Friday afternoon.... so I get a few nights off having to cook a full meal... salads for me!!!!  And time in the craft room without feeling guilty of neglecting him!!!! Oh and control of the remote....   A few cards made already.

Thanks for stopping by my little old blog today.  I really appreciate my visitors and thank you if you manage to take time to comment... I know it's difficult at times to comment on all the blogs you visit...

Take care and be sure to call back tomorrow for my Mygrafico post..

Dawn

No comments: