Tuesday 28 January 2014

Stenciled Day 3 ~ Texture and Dimension

 
Back with a card I did using stencils and some texture paste.

IMG_7737

I used a Dreamweaver stencil and some translucent paste.  I added some embossing powder over the paste and left it dry.  I used a maroon colour for the sail and brown for the boat and birds.  For the water I used a sparkle embossing powder.  Once it dried, I heated the embossing powder and then did a bit of resist watercolouring with Pearlescent paint.    I used some PP from a Rosie's Studio paper pack for my background.  The little stamp is from a date stamp type stamp with lots of little sentiments.

And here are some of other techniques I tried


Embossing powder on the paste (DIY stencil used from a die cut of the Simon Says Stamp Falling Hearts die) Translucent paste (to do a resist technique) and a bit of watercoloured stenciling (had the paint too wet) 

Today was the last day of the class but Jennifer did a bonus class as well and there was a SVG/PNG cut available for the class participants.   Not sure when I'll get time to finish my home work. 


10 comments:

Doreen said...

This is simply gorgeous,love the texture.xxx

Betty said...

Dawn - the sailing card is just wonderful - great job and so creative!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous results with all of your stencils, Dawn! I really love all the texture on your memories card...your scene is so beautiful!!!

Cat Craig said...

Stunning card Dawn.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
I hope you are now very confident about working with stencils, this last card is a real beauty.
Smiles:)
Sue

Brenda said...

I really love the texture you achieved Dawn. Beautiful!

Greta said...

You're one of the people who inspired me to sign up & I love what I've seen so far. Looks like you were having fun with the techniques--beautiful, artistic card!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is amazing Dawn - you really are stretching yourself with these classes, and the results are fabulous!
Blessings
Maxine

Arlene said...

Love that sail boat and the colors you've chosen.

Virginia L. said...

GREAT textures, Dawn! I love how the stencils adding interests to the design!