Saturday 29 August 2015

Nothing beats creating with friends.

That's for sure.   Our group has had a very busy winter and a number of us have been way, and simply been busy so today's gathering was the first for some time.  5 of us joined Lei at her house and spend a full day creating.  I got there at 10.00am and left at nearly 5.00pm.  Managed to get 6 cards done. as well as sharing an awesome lunch and lots of fabulous conversation. 

I have had lots of new stuff arrived this week... an order from Simon Says Stamp that included some Altenew stamps, some SSS dies and a stencil or two plus my StampNation Stamp of Approval set arrived.  It is totally full of goodness


Even with all this goodness, my brain was not working so I did some blog visiting and You Tube watching to get some ideas.  So today's cards are all CASE'd or inspired by others.

First up are two cards that are CASE'd from cards by Sandy Allnock.  She did an awesome video on using the Layering Christmas Trees from Hero Arts.  just click on her name to link through to see it. 


I used the same Hero Arts Layering Trees and the same Couture Creations Sentiment die on both cards. The tree was stamped with 4 shades of green distress ink and blended with water and a paint brush.  Lots of Liquid Pearls around the oval one as well as on the trees with red and gold stickles.

My next card was inspired by Catherine Pooler.


I did an twisted inlay die cut using Simon Says Stamp stitched dies, The sentiment die and word are from Winnie & Walter as are the sequin stamps.  The birthday is embossed on some adhesive backed vellum.

I had an awesome day and did get a couple more cards done.  Two are for design work so can't share yet.  And one is for a birthday on 9th September. 

Hope you have a great weekend and get some time to create like me. 

5 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful cards Dawn - and such fun to create with friends plus all kinds of new goodies!!

Dotty Jo said...

Great cards, Dawn! Jo x

kiwimeskreations said...

Awesome cards Dawn - love those trees, and the twisted inlay is a great idea. Thought you had some new goodies when I saw the freesia card on f/b.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Oh what a fun time! Your cards are beautiful, Dawn--love the gold Liquid Pearls! I can never get mine even so tend not to use them even though they're such beautiful colors.

Monika Reeck said...

my fav is the first one the tree looks awesome with watercolor Dawn
the other one is beautifully made (I have seen the one for Boys on other post too and I love that sequin stamp cute...)
and see you have soo many lovely goodies now I am jealous hehehe