Monday 19 October 2015

It's been a Tim weekend!

Yes I spend the weekend with Tim.... Tim Holtz stamps that is!  For some reason my cards over the past few days have all had Tim's stamps on them....

Firstly here is a Butterfly I painted last weekend and made up into card on Friday evening.
I was inspired by the blue brick background that I saw Kathy Racoosin do on one of her cards.  I used Zig Markers to colour the butterfly.  The sentiment from the same set as the butterfly and I embossed it in silver EP.

Next up is another image I watercoloured last weekend.

This is from the Tim Holtz Stamptember with Simon Says.  I started by using my Zig Markers to make a wash on the background.  Then stamped the image and then added some more intense markers on a few spots and some Glossy accents on a few parts as well.   This one was for hubby on his birthday on Friday.

And my last trio of cards uses Tim Holtz Crazy birds.... two for my twin great nephews who turn 9 on the 28th

The banner stamp is a new border stamp from Crea8tiv that I picked up at K-Mart the other day.  Stencil from MFT.  Winnie & Walter sentiment stamped in a Penny Black die cut speech bubble.

And this last one for a friend's Aunty.

Using sentiments from Kaisercraft and one from Montarga

thanks for sticking through this long post... As you can see I have had fun spending some time with Tim. 

11 comments:

Doreen said...

Gorgeous cards,fab images.xxx

Shawna said...

Your butterfly bg is pretty Dawn! The blue is so dreamy and that butterfly....well... Alli have to say is WOW.. Colored so well and compliments the bg so well. See you soon

Betty said...

great cards Dawn - the butterfly is gorgeous and love that background!

Lin said...

What fun cards, Dawn! You have alot to show for your weekend efforts!

Barb Ghig said...

You sure did have a "Tim Weekend", Dawn! What a stunning collection of cards! Beautiful coloring/water coloring and your stenciling is amazing! One of these days, I have to buy the Crazy Bird set...it looks like so much fun to play with :)

Monika Reeck said...

Am I wrong
you made all this card in a day Dawn
wooooww
First I adore that butterfly Image
so big and so easy to colored and your bg in blue so soft love it
the number two
stunning soft coloring Dawn where did you learn
its so soft and adorable
the third until number 5 is cuuuteee
oh I love that crazy bird and your coloring in all red blue green
cute cute cute..
ok I write too much maybe you feel bored
I go to bed now Dawn (22:36)

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Dawn - love the background behind the image on hubby's card. The butterfly is beautiful, and those crazy birds are such fun - a great banner stamp too - oh for a K-Mart closer to home :-)!
Those last two cards are stunning too.
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, you have got the Tim Holtz bug! Gorgeous everyone of them. Hugs, Wends x

Greta said...

Well, I'd say Tim has inspired you for sure, Dawn! Great variety of cards--wonderful coloring! I especially love the second one!

CinnamonSally said...

O M Goodness you have been busy Dawn, Love your cards.

Arlene said...

WOW. They are ALL fab.