Friday 19 October 2018

Sketch inspiration Christmas...

I was watching some You Tube yesterday and saw Dawn Griffith making a card using her Sketch #50 (see it here)
 


 Dawn did a pretty card using a Stampin' Up deer - I CASE'd it using a deer I got with a magazine last year.   I liked the purple colour scheme so went with with that but in a softer version.


 I used some PP from the pack I got the other week.  It's all pretty purples, blues, teals and pinks,  I stamped the deer with Catherine Pooler Royal Treatment ink and fussy cut it.  Used my Scan'N'Cut to cut some purple snowflakes.  The sentiment is also from the free stamp set. 

I like the sketch so adapted it to use with a regular A6 (NZ sizing) card.  I wanted to make a card for Watercooler Wednesday's Masculine challenge - so used blues to make a masculine Christmas card.


The PP is again, from the same pack.  I trimmed strips 3/4" wide and cut to fit around the background.  I added a white rectangle panel in the middle on which I stamped a Kaisercraft sentiment.  I then stamped the Poinsettia from the same Kaisercraft set and used Prismacolor pencils to colour it blues and greys.    I really loved how this turned out.   I'm going to try out for their Design Team with this one too. 

It's a great sketch to jump start a card.  I'll be using it again for sure. 

Hope you get to do some crafting over the weekend.  It's a long weekend here in NZ with Monday being Labour Day and a public holiday.   We are going out to dinner on Sat night to celebrate Hubby's birthday (earlier in the week) and the great news that at the end of April 2019 we will be grandparent's again.   My son and his partner are expecting their first child.  Here was their announcement photo


The hammers are because my son is a builder.

thanks for stopping by

7 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

cute announcement Foto with bear sweett..
love the blue card with flower and the purple one with Deer
both are beautifully made Dawn
hugs
Monika

PS: I am not often look my blog I am so sorry Dawn if less comment but I try my best to visiting my blog friends blog and you are in my list my very LONGER time Flickr HA friend :) hope you are doing well

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn and congratulations to your Son and partner. Love their photo!

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Dawn, I love both your cards. Great job adapting that lovely sketch design to your normal NZ sizing. The resulting card is gorgeous. Love the colours in your patterned papers. The outside pinwheel design of the layout really compliments the open inside area onto which you've stamped the sentiment and scattered the gold dots. Love that beautiful blue and grey Poinsettia. A wonderful masculine Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Dawn - you have really rocked the sketch, and I love the blue and grey poinsettia! That is stunning!
you have not named the paper pack - is it a local brand?
Congratulations on becoming a Grandma again!
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What gorgeous news about another grandchild on the way! Cute announcement!! Love your cards Dawn, the sketch is fab and your interpretation so lovely! The purple one is lush, but I do love that marbling on the blue one. So gorgeous!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Greta said...

Congratulations, Dawn! So fun you're going to have another baby in the family--especially since your grandson is getting to be a big boy now! Beautiful sketch--love both your cards!

Tinstar said...

Love the blues on your Christmas card Dawn, The colouring on that poinsettia is fabuloud and really makes it pop. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT