Sunday 21 July 2019

My weekend fun

NB - photo heavy

My weekend started a day early on Friday when I took a day's leave to spend some time at SENZ (NZ's biggest craft fair of the year)  I picked up my friend, Suna and we got to the venue at around 9.15am - it opened to pre-purchased ticket holders at 9.30.   We had a ball walking around checking out the stalls and catching up with some friends.  We even got to see the one and only Dyan Reaveley doing a mini demo at the Warehouse Stationery stall.




I spent up large... on some necessities like storage pockets and glues and then some fun stamps, dies and stencils.


I did a make and take at Uniquely Creative - the sweet little elephant water colouring - love the stamping so much I got the stamps and dies - as a kit including some patterned paper and flowers.  I even found time when I got home Friday evening to make a sweet little card for my son to give his partner, from their daughter, her birthday.


Saturday I went again to the fair.... as I was booked into a class in the afternoon.  Interactive cards with Paula from Craftables.  It was a full on 2 hours - got 3 kits to make interactive cards...we managed to get two made, and one to bring home to finish.




 This one has a magnetic closure which allows the centre panel to open and has a gift card envelope inside. 
The second one is a hidden pull sentiment.   Lots of fussy cutting of the flowers and leaves on both cards.    The one I still have to do is a telescopic card.  Luckily Paula has written detailed instructions. 

Sunday - I've started making cards - will share them later... and then a visit with Grace to drop of her Mummy's birthday present.    Here is Grace with her Pop


So if you made it this far.... thank you! 

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a great time you must have had a SENZ, Dawn - the cards are looking amazing, especially the sweet one for Grace to give...
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

what fun you must have had - and sweet pic of baby Grace!!

creationsnz said...

Sounds like you had a ball at SENZ. Unfortunately I missed it again this year (was in Rarotonga) but I see you made the most of your time there with some great buys. You are so good to come home and start using stuff immediately. Love the mama card. CarolG

Arlene said...

Of course I made it this far. Money well spent, I must say. :)

And cute elephant card. Glad you got to do the Make and Take. Envious here!

Hugs.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fabulous haul Dawn! Can't wait to see all the gorgeousness you create with your SENZ goodies! Those cards are fabulous. Let's plan to do a class together next year! I'd be keen!! Can't wait to see the telescopic one. Sounds awesome! Love the look of the harlequin paper card. Just my cup of tea! So happy you had such a gorgeous time. Fab pic of hubby and your delish wee grandie. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Greta said...

I'm so jealous--would love to have gone to the craft fair with you, Dawn! Looks like you got some wonderful goodies & oh my goodness--the card for Grace to give her momma is over the top! What beautiful cards from the class--can't wait to see the final one! Such a sweet picture--that's a treasure!