Sunday 29 September 2019

This week's Christmas Cards.

Hi.  hope you are having a great weekend.  I got some crafting done on Saturday... getting a bit ahead with my design work and of course had to have a play over at Christmas Kickstart


This challenge theme is "Gifts"  I decided to make my own presents.....


Took a variety patterned paper and using some rectangle dies to make some presents.  I then used some Christmas striped ribbon to wrap them all together.  I added a little tag with the sentiment from a freebie Christmas set.

Earlier in the week I had entry the Hero Arts Fan Facebook challenge.  Cindy has set up a Facebook page to run the 90 minute challenges... do come and join if you love Hero Arts
Her first challenge was to use Inchies or make a grid card.   I have a cute set that was only of my first Hero Arts Christmas stamps (it was made in 2007) that has a couple little square images.  A bit bigger than an inchie... but here's how I used it.


I stamped the little squares in a row.  I used the little snow flakes from the set to stamp all around the grid.    It's nice to pull out the old stamps and give them some love. 

Today, we drove up to Mangawhai for lunch with our friends Yvonne and Michael and their family to celebrate Yvonne's 65th birthday.  It was lovely to be able to share this special time with them.  I put together a little gift package - 


Inside were a number of humorous gifts - some hair rollers and scarf, a pair of safety scissors (for elderly hands) , an eye mask (for daily naps)  some wool and knitting needles (for the spare time she will have when she retires in a month or so), a set of play tools for the garden, a puzzle book to keep Alzheimer's at bay,  a new hat for walking in the beach (to keep her ears out of the wind) and bucket and shopping list (for her bucket list!) - Yvonne really enjoyed it. 


4 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful cards, Dawn and love the gift bag!!

Arlene said...

I love the bold colors of the gift box card. Loved the Santas on the inchie card. The gift bag is a hoot!

Greta said...

Love how you made the gifts--very creative, Dawn! The inchie card is really cute & the bag of gifts is so fun!

creationsnz said...

I have those Christmas stamps too Dawn, and aren't they still cute? I think they were among the first I got.
LOve your birthday kit, had a good old laugh.
CarolG