Saturday 28 September 2019

Distressed at Sweet Stampin' Challenge

http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

Hi there.  Time for another challenge at Sweet Stampin'.  Our theme this week is "Distressed"

For my card I have added Distress ink to the distressed edges of my card.

My background was made by mopping up some inks from my glass mat a while back.  I added the brown stamping with a Hero Arts background Stamp.   I rubbed bits off to give the distressed look.  I then took my scissors and dragged them around the panel and took some Distress ink and add it to the distressing.  I used Altenew Obsidian ink to stamp the Couture Creations little stamp.  I added some distress ink to the edge of the die cut feathers.  These were a lovely gift from one of my CCC swap partners.  The colours looked a bit distressed so fitted the theme perfectly.  Added a little string bow to the bottom of the feathers.

Would really love if you came and joined our challenge.

10 comments:

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, beautiful colours, stamps and stamping, great distressing!
Have a good weekend
xx

Betty said...

love this card, Dawn - wonderful distress and colors!!

Donna Ellis said...

ooooooooh! Dawn! How gorgeous! Your watercolor (smooshed) background is lovely! Breathtaking autumnal theme. I can smell the falling leaves, and the loose feathers from abandoned nests as birds fly to their winter grounds. Gorgeously done! hugs, de

CinnamonSally said...

Great distressing Dawn love the antique look to this card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love how you added feathers to that yummy HA background, Dawn! So stunning with the inking and distressing!!

Greta said...

Oh wow--that background is gorgeous! Love how you made it into a card, Dawn!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous distressed card Dawn - so out of your normal style and colour zones which makes it all the more stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Fiona said...

I love this Dawn - how casual you made that sound - I made the background from cleaning a mat - I wish mine looked like that!

creationsnz said...

This is a beauty Dawn. This has to be one of my faves. CarolG

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Such a stunning creation Dawn! I absolutely LOVE this hun! The colours, your delish design, it's a stunner! Hugs, Wends xoxo