Wednesday 29 January 2020

Mission: Inspiration - Altenew Academy Day 1

I have recently taken the latest Altenew Academy class - Mission: Inspiration.  Nicole Watt was the tutor and I have to say... it was a cool class.  Nicole gave us lots of ideas about finding and using inspiration in all sorts of ways.   Day 1 was about organising your inspiration, be in on pinterest, or in a notebook.  Nicole did a project using a Style - based on a magazine photo.  Her is her project...


I took inspiration of the white on white samples she made with the pop of colour with the sentiment.  Nicole's cards used stencils and embossing paste - but I decided to dry emboss with the stencil.

I used Altenew Layer Medallion B stencil and dry embossed it.  I added a pop of blue with the sentiment from Sentiment Strips. 

I have started a second one using some embossing paste and glitter with the Flowing Hearts stencil but need to let it dry.

I can highly recommend taking this class.  It really is inspiring!

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Sounds an awesome class Dawn, and your card is fabulous
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

great idea to use dry embossing, Dawn - I took the class also and agree it is very worthwhile - lots of inspiration - now to just use it!!

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a perfect sympathy card, Dawn--beautiful!