Sunday 19 July 2020

Hero Arts FB Group scramble.... Colouring....

Hi there.  Over on Facebook, the Hero Arts Scramble group had a 90 mins challenge (run over two weeks - just chose the 90 mins time slot that suited you!  Well I found some time yesterday to play...


I found my Pearlescent paints a few days ago and have been trying them out again.  For this one I used Hero Arts Delicate Blossoms set (these are my favourite Poppy stamps) and the Find Joy sentiment set.  Both of these are older sets - 2010 and 2011.  I used some Antique Silver EP from Altenew to emboss them.  I used a couple of tones of red/pinks to colour up the flowers.   Added the pearl gems (mainly as I blobbed some of the red paint on my card!) to finish off.  I manage to get the card done, photographed, edited and onto the FB page in just over one hour. 

I had a couple of days leave this week as Hubby was on school break - so no driving the kids to and from school.  We went to the movies - first time this year!!!!  Splurged out of Gold Class - reclining chairs - plus I order a hot chocolate that was delivered half way through the movie... Has now put me off normal movie watching...   Then on Friday, we drove about 40 mins north of home and did a lovely walk around the Orewa Estuary.  7.58kms (4.7 miles )  It took us 1 hour 32 minutes.  We made it before the weather closed in so were happy. 

Hope you all have a great weekend and stay safe!

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Thanks again for playing in the Scramble, Dawn! So great to see this poppy image getting some play and I love your pearlescent colors on the black!! I loved your estuary photo on FB!!

Greta said...

How great you got to see a movie! No idea when it will be safe to do that in the US which is pretty shameful. The pearlescent paints are so pretty on the black cardstock!

Betty said...

so pretty, Dawn - that's one of my old favorite stamps too - and so good to hear about your relaxing time with hubby.

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning result Dawn - love the paint over the black background - it must look amazing IRL with the pearlescent paints. Loving the white enamel dots, they add a fabulous finish to the card, even if they were not 'planned' ;)
Great to be able to have some time with DH and be able to just 'be' together... the movie experience sounds fantastic.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

It is lovely Dawn, so glad you re-discovered your paints. Nice to hear of your exploits together. CarolG