Thursday 23 July 2020

WWC 281 Heidi's Challenge: All About Occasions

Hi there..  Time for the latest challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.  Our hostess is Heidi and she has an All About Occasions Challenge.


Today I'm sharing a card I made using a technique called Scrappy Strip.  I saw it on a video .
Instead of using scraps,  I decided to use some new papers I picked up from The Warehouse a couple of weeks ago.  I took 3 different sheets and some white card and cut out some stripes of various sizes.  I added them to a purple background.  I die cut a sentiment using a technique I saw at Splitcoaststampers.  It's called Faux embossing.  You added clear packing tape over your coloured card and die cut it out.  Gives it an enamel look.  A super cool quick way to get the look of an embossed die cut without the hassle.  I finished the sub-sentiment in silver embossing powder.  Both the die and the sentiment are from Hero Arts "Hello - Stamp'n'Cut"

Come and join in the fun at  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project to the challenge post.    We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 12.00 noon NZ time ) to link up your project.

10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous card, Dawn - just love the scrappy strips (watched the video, very entertaining!). Cool technique with the packing tape too - definitely trying that one!!

creationsnz said...

O wow Dawn, this is great - elegant with that gloss and metallic shimmer. Love that tip about the tape, must try it. CarolG

Heidi Weaver said...

Oh, Dawn, I love the way you've used the strips against the lovely purple cardstock. The way you've arranged the pops of colours on those strips make this a real piece of art. I am definitely going to try out that trick with the packing tape. What a lovely sheen and no need to heat emboss. Such fun!

Tristan said...

Love your scrappy strips card Dawn. Such pretty papers.

Betty said...

love those purples and wonderful design, Dawn! so pretty!

Helen said...

I love that gorgeous DP, Dawn. It really makes this pieced card front to pop yet feel so elegant! Love the purples!! Take care! :)

A.Rose said...

Love this scrappy card! That paper is fantastic!

Michelle W said...

Love your scrappy strip card Dawn, that paper is gorgeous!

Mac Mable said...

Two great techniques on your fabulous and stunning card Dawn x.

Greta said...

What a neat design, Dawn!