Friday 31 July 2020

Masking Unleashed...Altenew Educator Certification Program

As some of you may know quite a while ago I started the Altenew Educator Certification Program.... well I got a bit waylaid... I finished Level 1 and had all but one Level 2 assignment done and sort of lost the plot.

So today I got home early...work was slow so I allowed to go home a bit earlier than my rostered time... so decided to do a card... and I'd been re-watching the "Masking Unleashed" class.   This was a class with Svitlana Shayevich as tutor.   This was an awesome class, taking us from simply masking to more complex ways of masking... using both positive and negative masking.  I learnt a few good tips and tricks from this class...like if you cut your own masks it's a good idea to trim just inside the stamp lines, so that you don't get a halo around the stamping.

My  little card today used a variety different masking techniques.  It's a smaller then usual card being 3.5" x 4.75"


My first masking was some simple masking using some yellow post-it notes torn roughly to mask a space across the middle.  I then used some Vanilla Cream and blended it over the rest of the card. 


My next few steps involved stamping over the centre masked bit.  The stamp is from Nature Blossom.  Altenew has started making masks and stencils to go with their stamp sets so it makes masking easy.    I used the mask to cover the flower and stamped the leaves..  I then used the stencil/negative mask to add some blended inks over the leaves and then I stamped the layers from the stamps set. 


I then used the flower negative mask and used Coral Berry  and Vanilla Cream ink to blend over the flower before adding the stamped layers.   I stamped the sentiment and then used the masks to cover the flower and leaves.  I lost the leaves from the set, so cut some from post-it notes.  I used some Milk Chocolate ink to add splatters to the rest of the card.

The sentiment is from the Nature Blossom as well.   I was really pleased how all my masking turned out. 

So that's the last level 2 class done and dusted.  - Now to see how I got on.  I will have a final assignment to do. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Have an awesome weekend.

7 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Spectacular masking work!! Love this, Dawn! The details of the masking really makes a difference. I have seen your progress over the years and this one truly is one of the very beautiful samples that you share! So glad that you are continuing and moving forward! Way to go!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful card with all the masking, Dawn! Thanks for showing the process!!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous job! LOVE all the way you've masked this design, very effective and beautiful result. Hugs, Wends xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning card Dawn - love the end result from all your masking - well worth the effort
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

beautiful card, Dawn - and thanks for all the masking tips along the way! congrats on completing level 2!

Erum Tasneem said...

This is AMAZING!! So glad you are back! Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

Greta said...

What a lovely card, Dawn! Good for you finishing level 2!