Saturday 27 February 2021

Shabby Chic/Distressed at Sweet Stampin' Challenge blog.

 Hi there.  Time for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin' challenge.  Our theme is Shabby Chic/Distressed.


My card is similar to one I did a week or so ago.   It is a Sepia looking card. 


I started by taking some watercolour paper and wet it thoroughly.  I then used some Walnut Stain Distress Ink smooshed onto my glass mat and painted it onto the paper.  Once it dried, I took a Kaisercraft set (English Rose) to stamp the roses in Versafine Onxy Black.  I stamped the lace stamp in the Walnut Stain ink, the flourishes in Gathered Twigs DI and also in Versamark and white embossed.  I used the Gathered Twigs to stamp a word stamp from Catherine Pooler - Birds of a Feather.  I stamped the sentiment from Altenew's Classic Beauty set in the Versafine Onxy Black and clear embossed it.  I took a white gel pen and went around the edges on the rose and leaves.  I trimmed the panel with a Gina K die and added to a Kraft card base.  

Do come and join us at Sweet Stampin' for our challenge.  

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Shabby Chic Dawn, love the background and roses and then stark white just makes it all pop..fabulous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous background, Dawn - just love the white popping against the browns!!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh I just LOVE this Dawn. The colours, the inky layers, the distressed finish. All together delish hun! Hugs, Wends xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunner Dawn - love the darker background, the white highlighting really pops
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Artsy & beautiful, Dawn!