Monday 31 May 2021

Mini Flower Cluster

 Hi there.   Despite the family being here, I managed to get a little crafting done this afternoon while my daughter son in law and grandson to Kelly Tarlton's aquarium.  My Dad and his partner were playing Scrabble so made the most of some me time. 

In my last Altenew order I got the Mini Flower Cluster Layering Die.  I have to say I did struggle a bit to get it layered but it turned out okay. 


I started by die cutting my layers.  I took the white layer and added some watercolour paint down one side.  I then took the Feathered Leaves Stencil and Volcano Lakes ink and blended over the same area.  I went through my card stock and found colours that worked together.   Once I had layered the flowers I added to the card with some extra leaves.   I then used the black woodless watercolour pencil to make some very find splatters.   I used a Happy Birthday sentiment from the Fresh Freesia set.  

Here are a few photos of my grandson and my grandaughter.... 




 These two hit it off like a house on fire despite the 3 year age gap.  They played so well together and then had a bath together after dinner.   Today Archie was devastated when he found out Grace was not coming to play!  But tomorrow they will get to see each other at the rehersal - they are the flower girl and page boy.   

I am so loving having a house full.  Archie is so bright and fun and I'm having fun spending time with my daughter.   And it's great to have my Dad here.  4 generations in the same house.  Very happy times. 



6 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful card Dawn - and so fun to see the grands and hear about your happy family!

Chrissy said...

I love these cute flowers from Altenew Dawn and I love your stencil background and splatters, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous family pics too love the little one with the watering can, gosh that brings back memories..and how lovely to have 4 generations..

Luv CHRISSYxx

creationsnz said...

Such a pretty card Dawn. Glad you're enjoying the houseful, all the best for the occasion. CarolG

Greta said...

What wonderful memories you're making, Dawn! We've certainly learned about priorities this past year! Can't believe how big the kids are--darling pictures!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous layered flowers, Dawn - you did great! Love them with the stenciling and splatters too!! Awwww - sweet photos of the grands; so glad you had good times with them!!