Sunday 27 June 2021

Gnome is were the heart is....

 I've been seeing a few gnome cards around blogland and remembered that I had purchased some Whimsy Stamps digi stamps with gnomes.... in particular this one - Gnome Sweet Gnome.

So a card came to mind.  Now I have to say... this one caused me some issues.... First I decided to make it a mini slimline and only had a long die I wanted to use... of course I didn't take into account that it was a double layer die....

I had to do a bit of die surgery and gluing back together on the right hand end.  Doesn't look too pretty...but it's done.   I had printed out the image and the sentiment before die cutting and used some washi to hold the die and when I took it off it of it tore the card 😟  I decided then to add the stencilling so printed the gnomes seperately and then used the computer to make the sentiment black with white letters.  I trimmed it out and layered it over the messed up bit.  I coloured up my gnomes... I had melded them together to be holding hands.  I fussy cut them to add to the card.  Next I decided to add some little die cut flowers and leaves to the wall.  I made the little bee and then lost it!  Several hours later after making another one.. I found it stuck to the top of my slipper.... so I added it for dimension over the other one.... The middle panel has some dimension added behind.  So after a bit of a mission... it was done.  

Did some babysitting last night... I went to over to Grace's house as she has been sick this week.  Hubby came over with some tea and a play.

He went back home around 9.15 and I stayed till her Mum and Dad came back at 10.45.  Such a poppet, went off to bed like a little gem... although I didn't manage to get her to eat much supper.  

7 comments:

Betty said...

darling gnomes, Dawn - but Grace is really a darling!

Arlene said...

I didn't notice the right side until you pointed it out. Such a very cute card. I love the gray bricks creating a wall for the blooming flowers. Very, very cute!

I love that Whimsy Stamps has digital stamps too.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet pair of gnomes and your surgery on the edge worked perfectly!! And what a sweet Grace with grampy!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Ahhh - those elusive wee bugs - thanks for the giggle over where you found it! Although the making of this card was a bit of a mission, it's a gorgeous one Dawn - nice to know I am not the only one who has cards that don't want to be made!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Gnome card Dawn and your Grace is such a cutie!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, nice to see those gnomies of Crissy's, she does such gorgeous gnomes. LOVE your wall flowers too! Very cool design. Gorgeous photo of hubby with your sweet granddaughter! She's such a cutie. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Greta said...

Hope she's over the bug! What a cutie pie & such a darling picture even though she's sick! Cute card!