Saturday 2 October 2021

World Cardmaking Day - October 2nd

 Hi there... Saturday 2nd October is World Cardmaking Day....As we here in NZ get to play a bit earlier than the other half of the world... I did get some time to play today (and am planning to play tomorrow with some of the wonderful challenges coming up)

I made three cards today.... one A2 sized, one tiny note card and one mini slimline.  

My first card is made for a new to me challenge.  One of my design teamies (Tristan) is now desiging for Just Add Ink  Their latest challenge is Choose Two


I chose Sunshine and Silhouette.

I cut my panel with Gina K Master Layouts 2 and used some washi to mask a frame aound it.  I used a Tim Holtz stencil to add my sunshine using inks from Altenew.  Once I finsihed I took three sides of the washi off, leaving the bottom piece.  I took some stamps from Catherine Pooler's Wild Garden stamp set for my my silhouette stamping.  The sentiment is from an Altenew stamp set.  

Next up is a mini note card.  The base came about when I cut down a pre folded base to a mini slimline size.  This one is 2.25" X 3" size. (although it looks bigger in my photo)

I used a little die rectangle from one of Gina K's Master Layouts.  I had some ink of my blending tool from my first card so I used a Hero Arts stencil (Crossing Waves) that Karren send me.  The leaf is from an Altenew mini stamp set called Bitty Botanicals and the Thank You from the mini set called Best Sentiments.   I'm giving this note card to a friend who ordered two masks from me.  I had the fabric cut out, so earlier today I sewed them.  Plus another one for both hubby and myself.  

And my third card for the day - using new dies that arrived yesterday.   I am loving the 3.25" x 6.25" mini slimline size and had ordered the Pink Fresh Studio Mini Slimline Essential Bundle.  Plus I got Altenew Itty Bitty Flowers die set.  

I cut a white frame using one of the Pink Fresh Studio dies. For my flowers I took a scrap of white card and used my blending tool and Altenew's Wisteria, Hydrangea and Ultramarine inks to make my own coloured card.  I cut the layers and glue them.  Used some dark brown card to cut the branch.  Added the flowers and then added a little gold gem in the centre of some of the flowers.  The sentiment is from Altenew Engraved Flowers set.  I just couldn't get a good photo.  Even struggled to edit it.  

Enjoy spending some time crafting over the weekend and Happy World Cardmaking Day 

8 comments:

Lin said...

3 beauties, Dawn! I especially love that lovely spray of purple posies!

Betty said...

three wonderful cards, Dawn - all so different and charming - love the purple flowers too!

HilaryJane said...

Three very special cards, so glad you had time to craft on world cardmaking day. Great CCC card too xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness, what an amazing trio of cards Dawn...love the lot of them!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautiful cards Dawn! Your Sunshine & Silhouette card for our Just Add Ink challenge is fabulous! Love that sunray background. Thanks for sharing with us this week.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three beauties, Dawn - looks like you had a productive WCMD!! I love the silhouette flowers with the sunrays - so serene! The leafy silhouette looks amazing on that background but my fave is the purple flower spray!!

Chantell Randall said...

These are all great cards. Thank you for sharing the process of making your silhouette card. I must have a go at using Washi tape to make a boarder. Chantell Just Add Ink

Greta said...

All really lovely cards, Dawn! Absolutely adore the first one as I'm very fond of silhouette images!