Friday 15 July 2022

SENZ - Creative Craft Expo 2022

 Hi there.  I spent a great day with my friend Suna at SENZ - Creative Craft Expo held in Auckland - it's running over three days.... I always take the Friday off and go with Suna.  This year, we decided to take a class - Watercolouring with Nuvo Shimmer powders.   We were  able to get three cards made.

Here is a couple of pics of me and Suna. 

Suna

Suna and I 
and here are the three cards we did....



Three different ways to use the Shimmer powders... precision watercolouring, watercolour wash and messy watercolouring.  We also painted our chipboard letters.   The last card is a vellum base with the watercolour panel at the bottom of the card.  And here is my haul


One set of Altenew stamps, stencils and dies, the Altenew Craft Your Life - Silk Art kit, chipboard elements, dies, stamps, stencils, shimmer powders, oxide inks... 

And I've booked another class for tomorrow.  Another one with Chick! Interactive Under the Sea.  Can't wait.   

I was home by just after three... so decided to use the little chipboard butterfly I did in a Make'n'Take and make a card with it... and used the left over part of the messy watercolour panel from today's class... I'll share later in the weekend.  

It's been a GOOD DAY!



6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Looks as though you had a wonderful day Dawn, and i love the look of your cards and haul.
It's been ages since I have been to a SENZ exhibition - I will be missing the FYI one this year also, as I am supposed to be touring the northern part of the South Island, delayed from the original booking of March...
Blessings
Maxine

Tracey T said...

What a great way to spend a day! Glad you had a good time x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful cards Dawn and what a wonderful weekend you are having, wish I could have gone this year,lovely new stash too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh that looks so fun! Would love to have been there too, just the wrong week/end for me this time around. Lots of family stuff going on. So lovely to see your beautiful creations and your fabulous haul too! Hugs, Wends xoxo

creationsnz said...

You and Suna are having such fun, look at that concentration. Wonderful cards, and so good when you can get such different results with the same materials. I like that. CarolG

Greta said...

Looks like fun! Hope everyone stays healthy. Really love the look of your last card!