Thursday 26 January 2023

Optical Illusion background

 I was inspired by Natasha Foote's optical illusion background in her video the other day -  (see it Here) and decided I needed to try it out.   

My first sheet... I did my drawing a little small - ended up only doing part of a panel and die cut it out


I did change it a bit by colouring in some of the spaces rather then add more lines.  I die cut out a circle.  I used a Couture Creations scalloped die to layer behind my circle.   Added some sticker flowers around the edge.   I added a love die cut word.  It was an unbranded die I got for $2.99.  I cut it once from black card and one out of some foiled card.  I cut the heart part out and layered it over the black.   Added a little part of a pre-printed sentiment. 

For my second card I did my drawing larger and used a purple gel pen.  


I did some partial die cutting to make my panel a little narrower and matted with some black.  It looked a bit stark on the white card so added some texture with an Altenew 3D folder.  Added the panel and an ephemera butterfly. The sentiment is one from LDRS - It's one stamp with lots of sentiments that you then die cut.  

I'm entering this into the Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp - anything goes...

Had lots of fun doing this technique. Nice to try something new.  

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Those both look amazing Dawn - love the purple one in particular. The black areas (voids) in the black and white one add an impression of dimension to the panel
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties with that technique, Dawn - I too favor the purple one :)

Greta said...

Very interesting technique & 2 beautiful cards from it!