Monday 21 August 2023

Elfing around at Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

I'm back home now.... brought a cold back with me... so no work today as I've been coughing a lot. Spend the morning in bed - didn't get a lot of sleep over night Saturday and into Sunday... so caught up with an extra 2 and a half hours sleep this morning and a quiet afternoon.   I decided to make a card for Christmas Kickstart Challenge where the theme this month is "Just Elfing Around"


I have a digital image from Mo's Digital Pencils that I've had for a long time.   It's called Little Elf Mim and is adorable.   I printed it onto some Canson XL watercolour paper- re colouring to a grey colour.   While I was away I was watching all of the Penny Black & Jill Foster 12 days of Christmas You Tube videos.   Jill is amazing colourist using Distress Ink re-inkers as paints.   I also watched her video about how she colours.  As I don't have reinkers I smooshed some DI onto a stamp block and used a paintbrush to colour my image 


I was quite pleased with the results.   I mostly used Distress Inks but for the grey/silver and the brown blending.  For the grey/silver I used Altenew Siver Lake ink and for the blending I used Altenew Sand Dunes ink.  For the sentiment I used Spellbinder's Yana's Christmas Sentiments.  I used some of the Canson XL watercolour paper and gold foil and die cut the sentiment with the dies.  Added some of the ink blending.  

And here is one final photo of me and the boys before I left on Saturday 


Missing them already!

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous watercoloring on that sweet bauble elf, Dawn!! And oh, what a darling photo of grannie & lads!!

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Dawn, and i do love your water colouring with the inks - it's turned out wonderfully.
Sorry to hear you brought a cold home - not nice at all. Take care
Blessings
Maxine

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely colouring of this sweet digi, Dawn. Love the pic of you and the boys - it must be lovely to be a nanna! Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Di and me, Jo x

Chrissy said...

Aww, so hard to say goodbye, lovely photo and love your cute elf swinging on his bauble..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Di said...

Love your swinging elf Dawn - what a cheeky face, And also a lovely photo of you with the little ones! Good to see you playing along at Christmas Kickstart!

Hugs
Di xx