Sunday 11 February 2024

Flowers and Heart

 The Flower Challenge has restarted for the New Year and being February (the month of Love) the challenge is "Add a Heart

I still trying to use patterned paper so I pull out some for my background. 



The paper is from a Uniti pack called Sunshine Floral.   Love the soft look of this paper.   The rest of my card is made up by bits from my "to use" pile.   The heart (a Spellbinder's die) and the floral bouquet (Pink Fresh Studio - Artistic Dahlia stamped, stenciled and die cut) have been sitting in the pile for some time.  I took Prisma's pencils to add some extra shading to the bouquet and to add around the heart.  The sentiment is from a very old Hero Arts set called Yes.   I used some Memento Gray Flannel ink.  Three little pink gems finished the card perfectly.   

I had a great weekend creating.  Yesterday I finally got around to creating the pages for the two new grandchildren to put into frames and made my design card for the 28th of the month.   Today I did a card for the Craft Roulette that I will share tomorrow and this one.  

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Such a beautiful card, Dawn! Jo x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Dawn, love the pink and yellow, so very pretty..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous background paper to compliment your floral heart, Dawn - love this!!

Greta said...

Such a beautiful card, Dawn!

Laurie Unger said...

Beautiful! That background paper is a prefect compliment to your flowers. Thanks for playing over at the Flower Challenge.

Stef Perry said...

Fabulous job matching up these beautiful elements from your "to use" pile, Dawn! Using the pencils really added some wonderful depth to the stenciling of the flowers and that patterned paper couldn't be a more perfect match. Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us at The Flower Challenge!