Monday 6 May 2024

Altenew 31 Days of Crafting... Day 2

 


After yesterday's disasters at die cutting technique, this afternoon/evening I try out some partial die cutting. 


I took a white card base and stamped one of the floral images from Craft Your Life - Hello Beautiful on to the front.   I then used the matching stencil set with Altenew's Fresh Die Inks - Mauve and Berrylicious and Crisp Die Inks - Misty Moon, Marshland, Buttercream and Warm Sunshine.  Stamped two of the sentiments from the set and finished with some gold paint splatters.  I then used the matching die to do a partial die cut.  I added some green striped paper from my stash to the inside panel.  

Not sure I'll manage every day's prompts but will do the one's that take my fancy. 


5 comments:

Lin said...

The partial cutting is so effective - must remember to try this!

Greta said...

Great results with the partial diecutting, Dawn! This turned out so beautiful! I never think to do partial diecutting, but maybe now I will.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So gorgeous, Dawn - love the floral outline against the striped background!!

creationsnz said...

Oooh great partial die-cutting - this is such a pretty card. CarolG

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful and elegant card Dawn - love it.
Blessings
Maxine