Tuesday 2 July 2024

Inspired by Natasha...two cards

I've been crafting a bit for the last few days.. The long weekend was busy and I even managed some cards after work yesterday.  I made two cards inspired by YouTube videos I watch by Natasha Foote...her channel is HERE

First one was inspired by this video.  It's about coloured silhouettes 


I loved Natasha's use of purple so I did the same...of course I LOVE purple!  I did some ink blending like Natasha did on her card using some Villainous Potion Oxide ink , but when I decided to use Spellbinders Labels 1 to cut my panel, I lost a bit of the blending so I added some soft blending around the edges using Wilted Violet Oxide and added some splatter as well.  The panel went onto a white Decorative Labels 1 die cut.   I stamped a birthday sentiment from Altenew's Birthday Builder set  using the same Oxide ink.  Natasha has a neat trick for making a false layer - using some tape to mask off a little strip of the card and blending on ink.   Love how it always gives a great look. 

And the second card is inspired by this video.  It's called White Ink Embossing Tips and Tricks.


I've done some similar type of embossing - this one I took some teal card and an Altenew 3D folder (Silk Art) and white ink...inking up the raised side of the embossing folder.  I ran it through my Platinum 6 machine - and reinked and did it another pass through the machine.    This adds the ink to the debossed side of the card.   Once the ink had dried I added some Altenew Aqualicious Fresh Dye inks to the raised areas.   Added a foiled sentiment - used Go Press and Foil Aqua foil with a Pinkfresh Studio Perfect Sentiments hot foil plate and die set.   A few teal gems finished the card. 

Now I'm over to see Natasha's video for today.  She posts about three times a week. 

2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous inking on both cards, Dawn - love the purple silhouettes on card one and the debossing on card two!!

kiwimeskreations said...

A pair of wonderful carfds Dawn - love the debossed one in particular
Blessings
Maxine