Thursday 9 September 2021

WWC 324 Kath's Challenge: All About Occasions

 Hi there.  It's time for another challenge at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Our hostess is Kath with an All About Occasions Challenge.

Last Sunday was Father's Day here in New Zealand and this is the card I send to my Dad. 

I was struggling for ideas for Dad's card.  I  did some Pinterest searching and was inspired by several different cards to come up with the final result.  I took some heavy weight kraft paper and ran it through my machine with an Altnew 3D folder (Organic Linen)  I then took another piece and using a Striped folder inked up with Catherine Pooler Juniper Mist inks to give a letterpress look.  My focal image is a little stamp from Couture Creations called Whiskey.  I coloured it with some Prismacolour pencils and die cut it with a circle die from Simon Says Stamp.   I used a Kaisercraft stamp (Occasions) to white emboss the sentiment.  I die cut with a flag banner die from Gina K.    Three small black gems finished off the card.  

Come and join in the fun at  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project to the challenge post.    We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday 20th Sept at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 11.00am  NZ time ) to link up your project.

 

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great masculine design, perfect for your dad, Dawn! Just love all the embossed texture and the fun whiskey bottle & glass!!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous masculine card for your Dad Dawn, great image and love the embossing..

Luv CHRISSYxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Great masculine card Dawn - love that striped element!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Love the texture & colors--great card, Dawn!

Helen said...

Just the perfect masculine card Dawn! I love the effect of the 3D EF on kraft!! I haven't seen that one. I must look it up!! Super card with lots of great laeyrs nad textures!!! Stay safe! :)

Cathy said...

Great masculine card Dawn, love the texture in the striped embossing and the background. I've not heard of that folder either, love the look of it, Cathy x