Thursday 4 November 2021

WWC328 Tristan's Challenge: All About Occasions

 Hi there.  Time for another challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.  Tristan is our lovely hostess with an All About Occasions Challenge. 



I have a Christmas card to share today.   

I was working on some stenciling and found this Altenew Buffalo Plaid stencil.  I tried it out with some red and green inks... but instead of flipping and twisting I only twisted... and got a bit of a different look than it should have been.  So die cut part of the stencilled peice into a slimline panel.  I matted with red card.  I grabbed a Rosie's Studio stamp and gold embossed the poinsettia onto red card and silver embossed onto some green card.  I then fussy cut the red layer and added to the green card with some dimensional tape.  I added a silver gem to the centre.  The gold sentiment is an older Hero Arts rubber cling stamp (circa 2011)  I trimmed the red panel and matted with some of the green card. 

Come and join in the fun at  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the projects from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project to the challenge post.    We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday 15 November at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 12.00 noon NZ time ) to link up your project

7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love your stenciled background, Dawn - great look and perfect for your layered poinsettia!!

Betty said...

so classy and cheerful, Dawn!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful and elegant card Dawn,love the gold embossing on red and great background..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Helen said...

I love this bold stencil and the way it turned out is so effective and eye-catching Dawn!! A great slimline Christmas card! :)

Tristan said...

Gorgeous slim line card Dawn. Love that background and flower.

Cathy said...

Love the stencilled background Dawn, looks fab with that gorgeous poinsettia, Cathy x

Greta said...

Fun design using the stencil that way! Love the sentiment!