Sunday 2 April 2023

Paper Piecing - inspired by Michelle Short.

 I realised I didn't share this card when I made it a couple of weeks ago.  

I was inspired by a video from Michelle Short (https://tinyurl.com/y89azccx) - where she did some paper piecing using Altenew's Paint a Flower Chamomile set.   It was a delightful card and I CASE'd it 


 I stamped the image onto some white card and onto some brown patterned paper. I fussy cut the pitcher from the brown patterned paper and layered it onto the white image.   I added some brown makers to give it dimension.  I added some colour to the flowers and then fussy cut the whole image.  Michelle does the most amazing tags so I also added my image onto a tag.  I trimmed some green gingham to added to the bottom of the tag,  Added a little stripe of black to edge it.  I added the fussy cut image with dimensional tape.  For my background I die cut a panel with a Gina K Master Layout and used a Tim Holtz Sizzix brick die, layered onto a black layer before adding to a white card base.  Added a little stamped sentiment. 

Hope you all had or are having a great weekend.   I got to spend a bit of time in the craft room working on some DT work and also having a play with Grace  - she did some brayering, swinking, and using some punches.  Now I have three or four panels of solid Distress Oxide colours waiting to be used as well as some multi coloured smooshed panels. 

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Sorry if I've already commented on your card - it's a beauty! Jo x

Chrissy said...

Lovely card Dawn, I love the white spot details on the flowers, always give them a "something" and great brick wall in the background, super card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Just love this, Dawn!

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - this is so elegant Dawn - a fabulous card
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty daisy tag, Dawn - love the texty vase!!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning hun! LOVE the mix of texture, pattern and colour. This is so striking and gorgeous. Hugs, Wends xoxo