Wednesday 20 September 2023

Playing with a Gelli plate...

 A couple of weekends ago I pulled out my Gelli plate and had a play.   I had been watching some You Tube videos  - This one from Ardyth and this one from Natasha - both using inks on the gelli plate.  I did about 10 pieces and today I have two cards to share that I've made so far both using Natasha's water drops technique.   

First card: 


I used some Catherine Pooler Aquatini and Tiki Torch inks.  Still getting used to how much water to drop onto the plate. I added some white ink spray splats and some dark gray splats.  I used Gina K Master Layouts 2 & 3 to make my layers and the circles.  The background layer used Ardyth's blending trick using some Catherine Pooler Lime Rickey.   The sentiment is from Gina K's It's all you mini stamp set. 

Second card:

Another blended background using water drops.  This time I used two different blues from Catherine Pooler on my Gelli plate- one lighter and one darker.  I was also inspired by Natasha's video here   She added lots of little stamps in gold embossing  and cut into postage stamps.  I cut the panel into two and then took a lot of little stamps from a freebie stamp set and used some Rose Gold powder.  I then cut the Waffle Flower Postage Stamp die four times - twice in white card and then out of each of the dark and light blue paper.   I then fussy cut the centres out of the blue papers and glued to the white die cut which I had cut apart.  I then added the four stamps (two light and two dark) onto the panel with 3D tape.  The sentiment is from Altenew - Birthday Builder stamp set. 

I've still got lots of papers to use.  One background has been worked on... but still waiting to decide how to use it. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two water drop beauties, Dawn! Especially love the postage stamps with the embossed images atop!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous technique Dawn and two gorgeous cards..just went and watched the video, may need to play today..

Luv CHRISSYxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great pair of cards Dawn - I have been playing with my gelli -plate also, but my results are nothing like yours...
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Love this technique Dawn and you have made two fabulous cards. I particularly love the postage stamp one so pretty.

machines a sous en ligne said...

Thanks for your dedication and hard work in creating this blog