Saturday 2 March 2024

Craft Roulette #204

 second post for today.... see my first one HERE

*************************************************************************************

I haven't had time to take part in the Craft Roulette challenge for a few weeks - but today I watched the replay this afternoon.  As soon as I saw the parameters I knew what stamp I wanted to use.  


I recently got some of the Spellbinders House-Mouse Designs and I had them sitting on my desk.   There was one super cute mouse with some flowers so that became my main image - and meet the Ears element. 

Thinking of you sentiment, Fairy Tale colours - soft blues, greens, pinks and purple (Princess colours!), Mouse has cute little ears and I stamped a scripty background.

I started by stamping the Spellbinders House-Mouse - Bouquet for You in Versafine Onyx Black ink onto some mix media card by Fabriano.  I then took some Speckled Egg Distress Oxide inks and lightly sponged around the mouse.  I then added the script stamp from a NZ company called Rubbadubbadoo.  I used Altenew's Gray Denim ink for stamp with.  Just needed something light. I then got out my Distress inks - Tea Dye, Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet, Sage Green, Mowed Lawn and added little blots of colour onto my painting palette and used a brush to paint the image.  All these colours are inspired by Fairy Tale Princess.  My Thinking of You was from a LDRS Creative Anytime Stack - stamped in black and clear embossed before cutting out with the matching die set.   Bonus is I now have a lot more sentiments done.  Really pleased how it all came together nicely.

Thanks for visiting today.  Hope your weekend is crafty.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

He is so cute and love the flowers and colours and love the script background with the subtle colour..

luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet mouse image atop the scripty background, Dawn - love it!!

creationsnz said...

A super piece of work Dawn, I hope you enter it in the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge! CarolG