Sunday 28 April 2024

Craft Roulette # 212.

 Managed to watch most of this week's live Craft Roulette episode. Interesting parameters 


This was my 12th submission.  Mary's guest this week was Nina from Waffle Flower so I used the same Postage Collage Die Nina used,.. just a little bit differently 


Parameters 
Project - For a Co-worker.  This is for a co-worker's upcoming birthday
Colour- Kites in the sky.  Red kites
Element - April, Poppies for ANZAC Day 25th April - It commemorates the landing of Australian and New Zealand troops at Gallipoli, Turkey, during World War I. On this day, people wear poppies as a symbol of respect and remembrance for the fallen soldiers.
Random - Sparkles.  Glitter on my ephemera and foiled sentiments

Yesterday I popped out to Spotlight as my heat tool was shorting so needed replacing.  So a new tool, a lovely paper pack and some wooden embellishments found their way into my basket.  And then a quick call into Crackerjack (an all sorts of things shop) to pick up a Little Birdie paper pack and ephemera pack - Poppies and Roses.  

This is actually the second card I made, but I didn't like the first one.  I took a sheet of the poppies paper and die cut with the Waffle Flower die.  I added the ephemera poppies (already glittered) and added some glitter to the wings of the butterfly.   This week I had received my Krafter's card order - which included the latest Waffle Flower Postage Collage stencil - Wild Flowers and Spellbinder's Curved Everday Sentiments hot foil and die set.  I used some silver foil.  It's a great set with a lot of sentiments together so a few in my stash for whenever I need one. 

As it was the first time I used the Spellbinder foil and die set, I'm adding this to Darnell's NBUS challenge 



Here's the one that didn't make the grade


It will go in my box of cards.... might get used sometime!  

2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beautiful poppy cards, Dawn - perfect for April's remembrance of ANZAC day! Love the poppy pattern cut with the postage stamp die - must try that!! You did great with the Craft Roulette parameters!

Greta said...

I love both of them, Dawn! Very pretty papers!