Thursday 27 August 2020

WWC 286 - Marsha's Challenge - All About Occasions

Welcome to my blog today.  It's time for the weekly challenge at Watercooler Wednesday and this week Marsha is our hostess with an All About Occasions challenge.


Today I am sharing the card I've made for my Dad for Father's Day.  It's not till the 6th of September.

I used a new to me stencil from Altenew called Feathered Leaves.  I use some Distress Oxides - Mowed Lawn, Evergreen Bough, and Broken China - to blend through the stencil and then I used some of the same inks to blend over the whole piece.   I used a sentiment from Clearly Besotted's All Occasion Sentiments.  The feathers are from Catherine Pooler's Birds of a Feather stamped with Fiesta Blue, Eucalyptus and Grass Skirt CP inks.  I blended some of the DO over the whole lot before fussy cutting them out.

Come and join in the fun at  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project to the challenge post.    We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 11.00 am NZ time ) to link up your project.

5 comments:

Betty said...

love this card, Dawn with all the greens - perfect for your Dad. you should enter this at TicTacToe challenge (stencil, die cut, celebration) https://tictactoechallenge.com/tttc078-featured-designer-felicita/
it's open until tomorrow at noon CST

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous blending over that lovely stencil, Dawn!! Just love the feathers with a bit of string too!! Perfect for dad!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful stenciling Dawn, and a stunning card overall
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Helen said...

Love the colours, Dawn! So eye-catching and a perfect Fathers Day card! Take care! :)

Greta said...

Love the color combo & everything about this card, Dawn--fabulous work!